I remember the day Jason sat me down and said the words:
Steph, I think God is calling me into the military.
Gasp. We had been seriously praying about engagement and knew that marriage was very possibly a reality in the near-future. It made sense and was all adding up, and then… this.
I have to be honest, my heart was far from open to it at first. I had my own life-calling and was struggling with how medical missions lined up with a military life. I knew nothing about what it meant to be a wife of a serviceman, other than the months apart, the frequent moving, and the career-bust, right?
Well, as it turns out, our time in the military had proved to be one of the greatest adventures of our lives. (So far). (I mean, we’re only 25 ;) )
Here is a place that I wanted to share all things military with you. There was so much learned from the experience, and I would’ve KILLED to have had this advice before learning it all on my own. From moving to deploying to navigating on-base to learning Marine Corps lingo… A blog with such knowledge would have been a gold-mine.
So whether you are serving in the military, a spouse of a service member, considering becoming a military family, or just plain curious about military living, these posts are for you.
Godspeed and Oo-rah!
- Dear Military Spouse (My #1 Advice for You)
- Know Your Rank
- How-to: Choose a Home Sight-Unseen
- How-to: Find a Job or Volunteer as a Military Spouse
- Deployment Survival Kit for Spouse
- Pre-deployment/Separation DOs & DON’Ts
Posts coming soon about:
- Living on or off base
- Deployment Package Thoughts & Ideas
- Connecting with Other Spouses
- How to do a DITY or military move
- On-Base: the Basics
- Resources (military one source, your FRO, studies, etc)